Images Security on onePacs WS

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
hilario

Images Security on onePacs WS

Post by hilario » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:30 am

As far I understand, images are downloaded to the workstation in order Radiologist can work with them even OFF-Line.
- In what directory are they downloaded?
For security reasons I would like to avoid that someone access this images outside of the standard procesus.
That means I would like to consider some of the following questions:
- No image remain on the workstation after Onepacs Finished
- Noway to access images without Onepacs software (I have seen others solutions where people take the images outof the directory and access them with Efilm for example)

Any suggestion related with this points.

Regards

justin

Re: Images Security on onePacs WS

Post by justin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:37 am

Hilario,

Images are downloaded to C:\onepacs\poller\data\download and then move to C:\onepacs\workstation\filestore when they are stored to the workstation. Images (stored in zip files) are deleted from the study downloader after a configurable number of days after storing to the workstation. Images are deleted from the workstation only manually or based on disk space usage thresholds.

Could you describe more of the security concern that you have. If a user is authorized to access a study is he not authorized to view the study in eFilm? Do you have multiple user's using the same computer/workstation? The idea of not having any images persist when OnePacs is not running seems contrary to the purpose of the study downloader. Currently, the closest you can come to your goals in OnePacs would be to disable pre-caching of images in the study downloader, configure the downloader to delete all studies 1 day after storing, and set a low disk space threshold on the workstation. Of course, disabling pre-caching would require you to manually invoke a study download via the worklist and you would have to wait for the download to complete.

Another thing you can do for security is enable EFS for windows on the aforementioned download and filestore directories. That way the images would only be readable to the logged in user. Note, this would require you to change the OnePacs Workstation process to log on as the user rather than as local system. But again, I'm not sure what your particular security concern so it's hard to say if this would be adequate for your needs.

Regards,

Justin

hilario

Re: Images Security on onePacs WS

Post by hilario » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Thank you for the explanation of how the WS works.