Users groups on the messaging system

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
hilario

Users groups on the messaging system

Post by hilario » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:57 am

Very useful tool. Good work for the new release.
One problem. Everybody see everybody, and I would not like some "clients/doctors" will be able to comunicate with others one or even know they have an account on the system.
I know this is frustrating that you just put a new functionaly and someone inmediately thinck it could be improved ;-)
I am just giving some ideas.
Regards
Hilario

justin

Re: Users groups on the messaging system

Post by justin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi Hilario,

Thanks for the feedback. We don't currently show everyone to everyone. The list of available users is based on what facilities the user has access to. So for example, if a user has access to Facility A (View or greater) but not access to Facility B (None), then he will only see users who also have "View" or greater access to Facility A. He will not be able to send messages to users who only have access to Facility B.

Please let me know if this is sufficient or if you can provide ideas for how further filtering of available user might be done.

Regards,

Justin

justin

Post by justin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Hilario,

Would it help if we could make the messages a privileged feature so that an admin can decide which users can send messages? This may be possible to incorporate into the next release if desired.

Thanks,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks Justin. I think for this moment we can live with the "facility" control.
I will keep you informed if we definitely find it is not enough.
By the way. HAPPY NEW YEAR

justin

Post by justin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks Hilario. Happy new year to you as well!

Justin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:49 am

This is a good idea, we should make it a privilege that can be turned on and off.

We'll do this in the next release.

Tom

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:53 am

Hilario,

Which would be more useful in your opinion, turning on/off the messaging for certain users altogether, or restricting users so that they can only send/receive messages to/from admins?

It may be useful to keep the messaging system on, in case referring MDs, radiologists, etc., want to send a note to one of the administrators, or vice-versa.

Tom

hilario

Post by hilario » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Yes the user-admin comunication is always a good functionality.
Anyway Admin should be able to indicate if a message is PUBLIC or just for a certain person.

For the moment I have to show it to doctors and see how they can get a better usage.
I will tell you.
Regards
Hilario

Steven

Post by Steven » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:14 am

A new privilege feature is available to OnePacs messaging.

This new privilege feature enables users to send and receive messages to/from other users.
Any user who does not have this privilege will only be able to send and receive messages to/from administrators.

tom

Post by tom » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:27 am

This will be in the next release.