Facility configuration with Dynamic IP

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
hilario

Facility configuration with Dynamic IP

Post by hilario » Thu May 27, 2010 10:42 am

Hello.
I have configured 2 new gateways for tests. AEXXXXX-V3669 and AEXXXXXX-799G2
both have a dynamic IP connection to the internet.
I have configured DYNDNS name for them and I have dynamic checker for the imagomob.dyndns.org address.
I have tried to configure AEXXXXX-799G2 with the address and with the IP (temporary IP).
No way to work.
Can you check if it was any log message on the server?
Can you think about the dynamic IP issue for the gateways?
Regards
Hilario

justin

Re: Facility configuration with Dynamic IP

Post by justin » Thu May 27, 2010 11:04 am

Hilario,

The Gateway IP address is not relevant to storing studies to the OnePacs Central server. Thus, there would be no meaningful log messages on our server.

The Gateway IP address is only important to the modality/PACS that is trying to store to the Gateway. Are you trying to store over the WAN? Have you configured your router to port forward to the correct server? Have you adjusted your firewall to allow incoming requests on port 4104 (or whatever DICOM port you selected)?

Thanks,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Fri May 28, 2010 2:37 am

I am afraid I forgot this.
I was focussed on the IP problem and forgot we have to map a port.
Do we need absolutely to map a port? There are some hospitals where we would not be able to require any intervention from the security manager to configure the firewall...

hilario

Post by hilario » Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 am

I think we are talking about different IPs.
When I define a NEW facility on ONEPACS Server I have to introduce what is called "Gateway IP Address".
This is the IP I am talking about. I thougt it was used as a security filter in order to confirm that all the studies from a particular AETITLE has to arrive from a certain IP.
Then this is really the one which is dinamyc.
Then from the point of view of the comunications Gateway to Onepacs server I thought I don't have anything to configure on the Firewall because it is an OUTGOING comunication from my gateway to Onepacs server. Theres is NEVER a connection from Onepacs server to my gateway. Isn'it?
This is why I was asking for your log. Have you looked to connections from a new gateway?
Need this info ugently. Regards
Hilario

justin

Post by justin » Fri May 28, 2010 10:23 am

Hilario,

The "Gateway IP Address" configuration in the Facilities admin section only applies to study downloads. Basically, your workstation with try to download from that IP first. If it fails it will try the OnePacs central server. It has nothing to do with receiving studies from the Gateway.

Regards,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Mon May 31, 2010 7:15 am

Thank you. This clarify my undestanding of this info.
I was really wrong on this.
Regards