Loading Studies on Gateway controlling what they see.

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
hilario

Loading Studies on Gateway controlling what they see.

Post by hilario » Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 am

At this moment, I have different institutions accessing ONE gateway to load their studies.
The system operate well but the problem is everybody see the studies list of everybody.
I would like that Institution1 only see studies loaded by institution1 when they connect to load new studies with EFILM or with ONEPACS WORKSTATION.
I understand it must be some kind of configuration on the gateway.
Each AETitle should only see the studies it has downloaded before.

Can you help on this?
Regards
Hilario Martinez

justin

Re: Loading Studies on Gateway controlling what they see.

Post by justin » Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 am

Hilario,

There are a couple ways to accomplish what you describe.

1) Multiple Gateways

Each one of your institutions could have it's own gateway, and thus a unique AE title and corresponding facility in OnePacs. Then you would be able to assign users access to all, none or a subset of the facilities. Additionally, you can assign different access levels for each facility. This is the preferred method.

2) User filters

If all of your studies from all institutions are going through the same gateway you will only have one facility and thus cannot use facility-level access controls. However, you will be able to use user filters to control exactly what the user sees. A user filter is essentially a mechanism to filter studies that a user has access to based on content in the DICOM header. Common DICOM header fields to filter on include referring physician (0008,0090) and dicom institution name (0008,0080). So for example, I could create a user filter where the referring physician name contains "Jones" and the institution name contains "Lakeview". To create a user filter

1) Go to Admin -> Users
2) Double click a user
3) Click the "Access" tab
4) Click the "User Custom Filter" checkbox
5) Click the "Edit Filter" button
6) Enter the filter criteria and save.

See http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... de#filters for more information on filters.

Thanks,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Tue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Thank you Justin.
The Filter suggestion is good and it would be OK if I would only have people accessing information via ONEPACS web interface.
The fact is people who load DICOM Studies on the server has to do it via either Efilm, either Onepacs Ws.
And at this moment (when they open the interface) they can see all the studies, and I would like to avoid this.
I would like to know if I can configure in Onepacs Ws to show only studies loaded by a particular AE (even if this config has to be done editing a file)
Regards

justin

Post by justin » Tue May 05, 2009 12:55 pm

Hilario,

The user filters also apply to the studies that may be downloaded via the study downloader and sent to the workstation. So if you set a user filter it will apply to both the worklist AND the study downloader.

Thanks,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Thu May 07, 2009 8:35 am

At this moment, I can't filter by Facility, neither on other criteria.
An administrator has to say which study is associated to which doctor.
For my working procesus, I am thinking of creating a Folder for each doctor and I will "put" there the studies I want he can access.
I give to each folder privileges each doctor can access his folder.
But there is a hick.
1. The doctor can click con the filter "windows" and can see all the studies (we don't want this.
Is it possible to hide the filter "windows"?

2. There is a User Inbox fo each user which appear only when I log into the user.
Is there anyway to access these folders being ADMINISTRATOR. This would avoid the need of creating a folder for each user.

Regards

justin

Post by justin » Thu May 07, 2009 10:29 am

Hilario,

There are different sharing privileges. When you share a folder or filter with a user or user group you can define whether the user has "View" or "View and Modify" privileges on that folder/filter. In your case, if you set it to "View" the user will not be able to change the folder criteria.

It's not possible for the admin to view a user's non-shared folders. For your situation it would be better to create the folder's in the admin account and then share to the user with "View" access.

One problem I see is that we don't currently have a mechanism to limit a user to ONLY studies that are available within his folders. Conversely, if a user's filter does not allow him to view a study, he will not be able to view the study even if it's in a folder he can view. This is something we're gathering feedback on as a couple users have requested this functionality.

Perhaps the feature you need is that the user filter is essentially limiting a user to the contents of a given folder. Please let me know if this would be a desirable feature for you or if you had something else in mind.

Thanks,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 am

Yes Justin. I think this could be the solution. A filter allowing the user only access to ONE FOLDER.
I wonder if this is a useful requirement, but in our case this is how we are working.
Perhaps we can find another way to do the work with implemented funtionalities. We have to practice more.
Regards

hilario

Post by hilario » Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 pm

As we work at this moment is:
- One manager receive all the studies.
- he assign each one (or a pack of them) to each doctor
- Each doctor log into his system and begin to report
Then it is important to:
- know what studies are till not assigned
- know who doctor is assigned to each study
- We don't want Doctor see studies not assigned to him

OnePacs seams to be working diferently
- Studies arrive to a folders filtered by rules
- doctors with privileges to these folders access them and make the report (one doctor could report ALL the studies. There is no control on this)
It is important to:
- know what studies are till not reported

The filosofie is a little different between both systems.
I wonder if we are the only one company working like this.
In this case I think we have to adjust our working procedure.
Regards