64Bit Solutions

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
oldsobe

64Bit Solutions

Post by oldsobe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:15 am

Starting a thread to discuss options for running OnePacs (as well as other applications) on a 64Bit platform.
Below is a cut and paste from a Email conversation.
We expect to have a 64 bit installer sometime this summer. Right now the full workstation only works in 32 bit.

We are also coming out with a java applet-based viewer which will run in 64 bit, that will be out in about 4 weeks. It is also possible to run the full workstation in XP emulation mode on 64 bit 7, but it works slowly, so would be only suitable for occasional case review.

Could I ask what usage scenario you are envisioning? If this is for referring physicians who need to look at images, I would recommend they use the Java-based viewer which will be available within about 4 weeks, or the simple JPEG-based viewer which is available now.

Tom

tom

Re: 64Bit Solutions

Post by tom » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Oldsobe,

Thanks it is a good idea to discuss this in the forums. It's a quite common inquiry.

I will post a summary of 64 bit options on the wiki.

You mentioned that some of the physicians you work with are using eFilm as a viewer. Actually, the DICOM poller (study downloader) component of our system could be run in 64 bit without a problem. Currently we have been distributing only the full workstation/poller package, as a 32-bit installer.

We are planning to release a 64-bit version of the workstation with the next release of the workstation. As we are going to make a number of changes and improvements, it's better for us to 64-bit-ize the next version of the workstation, as part of the development process for the next release, rather than the current version. We expect this to be out by the end of august.

However I have spoken with the developers, and they say it would be a fairly simple matter to make an installer for only the DICOM poller which would run in 64 bit. If a viewer other than onepacs is being used on a 64 bit system, this would work fine and offer full functionality of the system. The only features that wouldnt work would be viewer/worklist integrations, such as opening studies in the viewer directly from the web-based worklist by clicking the display icon, and opening reporting windows for studies directly from the viewer, as the worklist wouldn't be communicating with the viewer, but download status notification on the worklist, etc. would work.

I'll have the developers do this and should have an installer early next week.

I'll also write up a summary of 64-bit options and post that to the wiki.

Tom

tom

Re: 64Bit Solutions

Post by tom » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:07 am

Here is a link to discussions of 64-bit options.