create new TLS autoroute

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
sdavis92

create new TLS autoroute

Post by sdavis92 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 am

How would I set up a new TLS route to forward to a different radiologist? I have reviewed the forwarding documents in DCM4CHEE and is seems that it is simply adding it in the forward service of the jmx-console after addingthe AE and TLS in the host section. Is there another step for TLS?

Thanks,
Steve

justin

Re: create new TLS autoroute

Post by justin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 am

Steve,

Is there any reason you can't just use the features within OnePacs to get the images to another Radiologist? For example, you could create an account and give him only access to the facility that you were going to forward. He would then have all the same studies in his Workstation.

Setting up TLS can be a little tricky. First, you should get it working with some anonymized images without using TLS. Specifically, you need to make sure that any firewalls between the source and the destination are allowing TCP packets and that any port routing is configured. Confirm that the AE titles are configured correctly. Also, the destination should have a static IP.

At this point you'll need to configure the DICOM server on the destination server (via the jmx console) to use the "dicom-tls" protocol rather than the default "dicom." Keep in mind that this DICOM server can only receive TLS connections now unless you add an additional one. On the source, you'll need to modify the AE definition of the destination server to specify TLS.

If you're planning on purchasing certificates, then you need to modify the TLS config in the JMX console as well.

Hope this helps.

Justin

sdavis92

Post by sdavis92 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply. The radiologist will be reading mammography as well as the other modalities and he already has a PACS from which he will read. I was hoping that the TLS was pretty simple to set up but a site to site VPN may be better. I may try to set up TLS and see what happens.
Steve

justin

Post by justin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:54 am

Steve,

If you're going to go the VPN route I recommend Hamachi as an excellent free solution.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/

Thanks,

Justin

tom

Post by tom » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Also, another possibility would be to have that user install the onepacs study downloader only, without the workstation, and configure the downloader to store to their PACS.

See details here.

The Hamachi VPN solution that Justin mentioned would be another way to do this, but a bit more complicated.