Failed to use another viewer

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
txmiguela

Failed to use another viewer

Post by txmiguela » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:19 am

Hello, I have a question to use another viewer than OPWS, E-film or K-Pacs. We have tried with ONIS viewer. We have configured properly all the parameters requested, (AE Title, Port an localhost), or, at least I want to belive that because the Test concluded with a "Ok" response. In fact, we have donwloaded the images, seris, and so on, but when i try to get imges in the viewer the only thing that i can obtain is a black screen with a "nice" message: "Failed to extract one image from a DICOM file".

Dou you have any idea of why this happen?, Any suggestion?. Thanks in dvance

tom

Re: Failed to use another viewer

Post by tom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:31 am

TXmiguela,

Can you do the following:

-Open the preferences for the study downloader.
-Click on the "debug" button in the lower right

A windows folder will open up with a log file highlighted. Can you send a message through the OnePacs message system to the user named "admin", and attach the logs to the message?

Also can you let me know, does the study show up in the ONIS viewer case list? If there are logs for ONIS if you could send those to us as well, could be helpful. Screenshots also can be helpful.

If you could zip up everything you can get together and send it to admin in a message, we'll look at it.

Tom

tom

Post by tom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 am

Out of curiosity, why would you want to use Onis instead of the onepacs viewer?

I am downloading ONIS now so I can test it on my end.

tom

Post by tom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:59 am

Ok never mind - no need to send logs. I downloaded the free version of Onis. Interesting viewer.

I can reproduce the issue. I think what's happening is transfer syntax negotiation/compression related. That is, I think the OP study downloader believes Onis can handle images compressed with J2K lossy, when actually it can't.

You could solve this probably by changing compression to some other format, but we'll look into it. We are about to release (in about 1 week) an updated OPW/study downloader, so if there are any changes we can make to have images store to Onis properly we'll put them in.

Also, let us know, what about Onis makes you want to use it? They have some nice features I see like double MPR.

txmiguela

Post by txmiguela » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi Tom, thank you, as usual for your very quick and valuable response (beliveme, It's amazing). And now let me answer to your question:

We are experimenting ONIS (exactly as your guess) for the double MPR. Let me to suggest that if,in a future OP can be able to do that, will be fantastic.
Please let me know If in the next release ONIS will be supported.

I Can guess that in the future w'll back over "compression matters" (Hilario is now on vacation an I don't wnt to go further), because we need some advice about how to download "lossless" mode ONLY for CR (breast basically)

Best Regards

PD
I've got other problems regardinto the impossibilty of uploading from one of our facilities to OP. But i told you before, Hilario wil be in contact with you

tom

Post by tom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 pm

TXMiguela,

Regarding the ONIS transmission, I expect this is a transfer syntax negotiation glitch. I havent looked at the logs in detail, but I believe the error would be on the ONIS side, as the OP study downloader will decompress studies for the DICOM destination if the DICOM destination is not able to do so and reports that they can't as they're supposed to do when negotiating transfer syntax. One way or another I think this should be an easy fix, we might do something like just offer an option per-destination to decompress studies automatically.

Mammography and plain films are already lossless by default on OP, there's nothing that you need to change on onepacs. If you want to modify compression settings, see the following link:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... ompression

Tom

tom

Post by tom » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:57 pm

We have confirmed that the ONIS issue is due to an inability to send to ONIS with compressed transfer syntax. Our current development version works fine storing to ONIS, as we have added an option to decompress studies before storing them, which can be turned on for ONIS.

As far as when the next release will be publicly available, I'd say within 1-2 weeks.

tom

Post by tom » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:56 pm

The new release is out, you can store to Onis by turning off compressed transfer syntax. (We put in a default destination for Onis with the compression turned off)

txmiguela

Post by txmiguela » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 am

Thankyou for your response. I'll talkto to you about my experience.

Best regards