New Workstation 4.5

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
shadowdoc86

New Workstation 4.5

Post by shadowdoc86 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:13 pm

I updated to the latest workstation (4522). when I try to open a case on the desktop viewer, nothing happens unless I completely close the poller. Then the case opens. I tried this for several different cases (CT,US,MR). They all act the same. It is really difficult to be productive if I have to keep restarting and stopping the poller everytime I read a case. Any suggestions?

Steve

jeremy

Re: New Workstation 4.5

Post by jeremy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Steve -

Please right click on the OnePacs Study Receiver and select manage download. Next, please click the Debug button located on the bottom right panel of the download manager. A new window will open that contains a zip file. Please email the resulting zip file to support@onepacs.com.

Regards,
Jeremy

shadowdoc86

Post by shadowdoc86 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Debug file is on its way.

Steve

marcel

Post by marcel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Steve, I received your debug file and will have a resolution ASAP. Could you also please tell me what version did you upgrade from, it would help to fix this?

Thanks,
Marcel

tom

Post by tom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:53 pm

I would suggest doing the following:

-Uninstall 4.5.2.2
-Delete the c:\onepacs directory
-Reinstall 4.5.2.2
-Reboot

This will most likely fix whatever issue you are experiencing, which I suspect relates to some files held over from a previous version.

tom

Post by tom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Looks like you have a complex custom query string. If you uninstall, delete, and reinstall, I would copy that somewhere so you can just paste it in after reinstalling rather than generate the whole thing again.

On the other hand marcel said the problem seems to be that some file had been deleted from your old install. He can also email you a file to swap in on your current install

shadowdoc86

Post by shadowdoc86 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks everyone. I was not able to uninstall the program as suggested. The machine would just lock up. Marcel sent me a patch file to replace on the hard drive from the previous install. I saved it to the appropriate place on my hard drive and rebooted as requested. I started it up and the program works perfectly.

thanks a bunch guys,

Steve

marcel

Post by marcel » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:13 pm

That's great news, thank you for your patience.

The apparent lock-up you experienced when trying to uninstall is more likely than not a long delay that happens sometimes when shutting down some Windows services used by the workstation. That may take 40 seconds, sometimes up to a minute, and during that time the uninstaller makes no visible progress and appears frozen. It will eventually terminate, though.