ASSIGNED STATUS

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
hilario

ASSIGNED STATUS

Post by hilario » Thu May 07, 2009 1:09 pm

I am trying to understand what is the box assigned meaning on the worklist.
I can't find an option to assign a study to something (doctor, folder or what else).
This could be the option I am looking to: Assign a study to a doctor for examplo.

As far I can find in your system there are 3 different doctors:
- Referring doctor: this came from the facility
- Ordering doctor: ??
- Radiologist/onepac user: the user with report privileges

For us it would be nice to be able to have a column where the radiologist be shown and where we can ASSIGN the value of this radiologist.

justin

Re: ASSIGNED STATUS

Post by justin » Fri May 08, 2009 9:09 am

Hilario,

The study us automatically assigned when the report editor is opened by a radiologist. You can also manually assign a study via the context menu (admin->change study status->lock for reporting). You can see who the study is assigned to by hovering over the status icon. Assigned user is not currently a column on the worklist but it could easily be added.

Thanks,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Sat May 09, 2009 1:50 pm

OK Justin. I can see the assigned doctor puting the pointer over the report Icon.
I am also able to lock for reporting but only for the current user.
I would like to suggest these requests:
- Be able to shor A column with Assigned doctor (if we show user code it is shorter than full doctor name) on the worklist
- Be able to create a filter on the assigned doctor.
- Be able to assign (Lock for reporting) for another user than myself
- Be able to assign for another user (or myself) many studies at the same time.
Thank for your suggestions.

justin

Post by justin » Mon May 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Hilario,

Your second suggestion is already possible as you can filter by the assigning user via one of the three drop down boxes. The others seem like reasonable suggestions for your workflow. We will consider putting them in the next release. I will get back to you with specifics.

Thanks,

Justin

hilario

Post by hilario » Tue May 12, 2009 5:12 am

OK I have seen "assigning user" on the drop down list.
1- What operation has to do a user to become "assigning user" of a study?
2- I tried to include AssigningUser on a filter command and it say it is not valid. Does it have another name for filters?
3- When I get the Data Analisys, I see only studies COMPLETED are listed. It would be useful to get the option to select this or ASSIGNED or other status.

I want the dowload manager only download (precache) studies assigned to the login user. I don't want they donwload a lot of studies if they only have one assigned.

The procedure I am thinking is:
- an administrator copy to a folder the studies directed to a user
- The user go to his folder and read the studies (then become assigning user)
- Then he start download manager and download studies with AssigningUser like 'Doctor' and ReportStatus like 'Pending'
or something like this.
What do you think about this? What drawbacks do you see?
Regards

justin

Post by justin » Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

Hilario,

1) The "Assigned to user" is the user that the study is assigned to. The term may have to be changed to something like "Assigned to user" if some of the changes you proposed are implemented.
2) You can create a filter like the following: assignedToUser = 'abc'
3) This is not currently an option but I will create a change request ticket and let you know if it is approved.

I think you workflow sounds ok given the current restrictions of the system. Once your proposal of being able to have an administrator who can assign studies to other users is implemented the workflow will be much easier. Basically, the admin would just have to click on the study and select assign to user and it would become visible to the user. That solution wouldn't include any folders. For now though, your solution should be adequate.

Regards,

Justin
Last edited by justin on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated to reflect changed token names.

hilario

Post by hilario » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:19 am

I am trying to build a filter for each user on the variable
assigningUsername = 'abc'
It doesn't work
I get
Filter is not valid.
When I check it.
Thanks

justin

Post by justin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:42 am

Hilario,

We changed the assigningUsername to assignedToUser in 7.9.1 in order to be more intuitive. Since previously you could only assign to your self the term assigning username made sense but now that you can assign to other users we thought assigned to user was easier to understand. As part of the upgrade our scripts should have changed any existing filters to use the new token. Please let me know if this is not the case.

The documentation was updated to reflect this:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... de#filters

Regards,

Justin