How to find all "unassigned" studies

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
hilario

How to find all "unassigned" studies

Post by hilario » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:22 am

We don't find a way to locate all "unassigned" studies.
Any suggestion?
Hilario

tom

Re: How to find all "unassigned" studies

Post by tom » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Hilario,

Wouldnt it work to just select "Receiving, Unconfirmed, Ready, For Comparison" in the worklist checkboxes and leave off the "Assigned" checkbox? Is there something else you're trying to do?

Tom

hilario

Post by hilario » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:34 am

Thanks Tom.
Then I suppose I don't understand very well the doctor needs.
I'll check with them and return to you if we need more info.
Regards

txmiguela

Post by txmiguela » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:15 am

Hi Tom, I've just done what you suggest to Hilario (marked only Receiving, Unconfirmed, Ready, For Comparison), and no action was taken. I had one study with no doctor assigned, and the display show me the same studies than before. I'm sure that I'm mistaken, but from the very beggining that I'm using the system I feel the "unconfirmed" checkbox does not work.

Thank you

hilario

Post by hilario » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:22 am

I suppose Miguel will explain more in details what he need.
We tried just unselecting assigned but we don't get the desired results

Probably the best would be to generate a filter (on filter tab) to get all the UNASSIGNED studies.
But we don't know how to write the SQL query.
Regards

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Miguel / Hilario -

The unconfirmed status checkbox should be used in conjunction with facilities that are setup to "Require confirmation of new studies". Facilities that are setup in this manner come through in a "Unconfirmed" status rather than a "ready to read" status and require someone (most likely a tech from the facility or sometimes the radiologist) to confirm that the study to put it in the "ready to read" status. Thus, the unconfirmed checkbox on the worklist should used to find all studies that are sent unconfirmed from facilities that are setup to require confirmation.

If your workflow is for an admin to assign studies to users then the following may be helpful as well.
The following statement could be put into the advanced expression section of a worklist filter to find studies that do not have an assigned to user, but when you assign to a user the status of the study status should be assigned so Tom's suggestion should work as well.
assignedToUser is null

You could also show the assigned to column on the worklist (hover over the top part of a header of a column and click the arrow that appears and select columns and select the "assigned to" checkbox - you may want to save your layout to keep this column showing the next time if you find it useful). Now click on the column header to sort descending and studies that are not yet assigned to a user should be on top.

Regards,
Jeremy