Forward through VPN slow

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
sdavis92

Forward through VPN slow

Post by sdavis92 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:07 pm

We have set up a new Onepacs station and set up a send through a VPN to our primary PACS. The radiologist prefers to use this PACS viewer. The problem is that the OnePACS send pretty quickly up to the onePACS home site but is very slow sending through the vpn. I have not changed any of the compression settings so I anticipated the forward into the primary pacs to be very quick. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

justin

Re: Forward through VPN slow

Post by justin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Steve,

Your PACS may not be accepting the compressed transfer syntax resulting in on-the-fly decompression and transmission of a larger payload. If you look in the logs of the gateway you should be able to determine whether this is happening in the association negotiation. Does your PACS accept JPEG2000 and JPEG-LS?

Regards,

Justin

sdavis92

Post by sdavis92 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Justin,

i think you may be correct. The last router we used form this site could only compress lossy using the first pass pattern 14 jpeg compression. I will try other settings. Thanks,

allysaa

Post by allysaa » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:46 am

I am able to connect to a VPN Network, but lose my general internet connection. How can I fix this? I think this has something to do with a setting in the gateway or DNS. I am not sure how to configure this. I am able to use another computer through the same router to connect, so I know its not that. Also, I am able to browse the internet fine after VPN has been shut down. Please Help!

justin

Post by justin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:56 pm

allysaa,

The OnePacs Gateway does not require a VPN to send securely to our central server. You just need an internet connection. If you have specific problems with a VPN you should contact your local IT person.

Regards,

Justin