Auditing

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
slateszj

Auditing

Post by slateszj » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

How does one go about auditing? Like say for example I want to see all studies Dr. X has looked at in the last month.

Thx.

Zack

justin

Re: Auditing

Post by justin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi Zack,

It depends on exactly what you mean by "looked at". If you mean how many studies did Dr. X report on in that last month you can use the Charting (Data Search -> Charts) or Data Export features (Data Search -> Export data to spreadsheet). You can filter by reading radiologist in both of these screens.

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php?id=dataanalysis

If by "looked at" you mean what studies has the radiologist viewed via a OnePacs viewer, that is a bit more complicated. We internally audit all study access but there is currently not a way for you to access that data via the user interface.

Regards,

Justin

slateszj

Post by slateszj » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:01 pm

If we did need a report of Dr. X and the studies he/she has viewed would you be able to provide us that report on an as needed basis?

justin

Post by justin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Zack,

I'll look into whether or not we can do that, and if so, what the cost would be.

Keep in mind, since the Radiologist's workstation pulls (pre-caches) all studies that the radiologist has access to, the audit logs wouldn't be all that useful. We don't record that a user has viewed a study once it's been downloaded onto their PC - just that it was downloaded.

Justin

slateszj

Post by slateszj » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:04 pm

I figured the an audit report would be harder for the local clients. I was more referring to to the online viewers (java/html). Since they have to login into the web gui anyways it seems a tracking element could be implemented.

tom

Post by tom » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Slate,

Logs regarding what studies a user has viewed on their local workstation are stored on the local workstation.

We also maintain logs of what activities users engage in such as downloading studies on the OnePacs servers. There's not currently an easy way to review that information through the GUI, though this is coming soon. We can retrieve the information from the logs on request, as detailed audit trails are recorded of user activities.