Gateway image view locks the image file

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
castaway

Gateway image view locks the image file

Post by castaway » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:40 am

Tried this:

I set up the Gateway/dcm4che as a transmission machine/archiver.
Opened an image (View Image) in the Gateway web console and then closed it.
Deleted the whole study / Empty TRASH.
Those opened files in the web console stayed in the storage folder not deleted, all others (not opened to view) were deleted.
Files were locked by the JavaService process.
Updated Java, cleared Java cache to no avail.

Thanks.

justin

Re: Gateway image view locks the image file

Post by justin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce this in multiple different environments. Did the images display correctly for you? The only way viewing the images would leave file locks is if the WADO request failed. Is there anything unique about the images? If they are extremely large you may need to allocate more memory to the Gateway process.

Keep in mind that there are other asynchronous activities that may be accessing the files on disk. For example, forwarding to the OnePacs central server happens in the moments after the store transaction completes. This could also prevent images from being deleted.

If you could attach a log file (or send via OnePacs messaging to "admin" if logs contain PHI) I could take a closer look and see if there were any problems viewing the images.

Regards,

Justin

castaway

Post by castaway » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Justin,

I have tried this on 2 computers Vista Business and Windows XP Pro.
On both machines OnePacs WS + Gateway

Gateway was downloaded from OnePacs -Options-Downloads.

<Did the images display correctly for you?>
yes

<If they are extremely large you may need to allocate more memory to the Gateway process.>
91KB

<Is there anything unique about the images?>
Modality: US

<...For example, forwarding to the OnePacs central server happens in the moments after the store transaction completes. This could also prevent images from being deleted...>
Forward/ForwardingRules - NONE
FileCopy/DestinationFileSystem - NONE

<If you could attach a log file (or send via OnePacs messaging to "admin" if logs contain PHI) >
Sent via OnePacs to Admin

Thank you.

justin

Post by justin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Interesting. The logs do indeed indicate that the images you performed WADO requests on are failing to be deleted.

My tests were on the new 2.0 "beta" version of the gateway that will be released to the public shortly.

I recommend waiting for the new version of the OnePacs Gateway or using the JPEG viewer on the OnePacs web application.

Justin