Mass Upload

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
DataTrade

Mass Upload

Post by DataTrade » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 pm

We are getting ready to start using OnePacs. I have an archive with a bunch of uncompressed images that we would like to send through the gateway so that it is compressed and posted to OnePacs. I downloaded the workstation to do this. It seems that the system is trying to copy from my archive drive to the C drive on the Gateway server. Can I change this? I do not have much hard disk space on that C drive. Once they are uploaded to OnePacs, will they be purged from the gateway computer?

Also, does the gateway computer store all images that are being pushed up to OnePacs? If so, how do I change where those are stored at.

justin

Re: Mass Upload

Post by justin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:29 pm

By default the gateway stores images in C:\onepacs\gateway\server\default\archive and retains them until the drive runs low on disk space (< 8GB free).

You can change the storage directory for your images to another directory if you desire:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... irectories

Justin

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 am

Ok, so it looks like I need to change the location of where the workstation is storing the data, because that is where it is putting the files I am trying to upload. Will it delete them once it is uploaded? Or, will I have to manually do that?

justin

Post by justin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 pm

You can't configure where the workstation stores it's DICOM archive but you can configure the amount of storage it uses.

Workstation: Tools -> Options -> Diskspace Manager

Justin

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm

I went into tools, Diskspace Manager. I change the High Watermark to 10%, with is 4.883 GB, that also changed the Lower Watermark to 8.111 % or 3.960 GB. The Check Interval is 10 Minutes, not sure if that matters here or not.

I went in and tried to do my import again and it again, filled the C drive up 100% again.

I tried re-installing the Workstation to see if I could install it on a different drive and I got no option install on another drive.

I really just need to get this archive of studies up to OnePacs and would like it compressed through the Gateway.

I am trying to do all of this right from the Gateway computer, like the instructions say. Why is it making a copy of my archive? I just need to compress and send.

Also, since it fills up the drive, I am going into C:\onepacs\workstation\filestore and deleting the images from there, so that I get my storage space back. How do I then clear out the local studies? I tried highlighting them all and hitting delete, it says they are deleted, but they still show up. I am assuming this is because the database needs to be cleared.

Please advise

justin

Post by justin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Since free space available on your system is well below that which we recommend for the workstation you might want to try a solution that does not require persistent storage.

I'm going to attach the scripts I mentioned to you in a previous thread. It will send directly from a disk to the gateway. You'll need to unzip the attachment and double-click "send.bat". If your disk drive is other than D:\ you'll need to edit send.bat to reflect the location of your disk drive.

Please note that you will need to configure your gateway to use another drive with > 8GB free disk space as I mentioned previously.

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... irectories

Justin

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Ok, I did make that change on the gateway, so we should be good to go there.

Thank you for sending this file to me.

I saw on the previous post that the other way to upload would be to manually zip up the files and send through the upload feature from the browser. But that did not offer the compression. I have alot of images to upload, so compression is an issue.

So, just to confirm, if I point this batch file to the directory of where my images are stored, it will compress the studies and send to OnePacs, correct? Or, do I need to zip them up prior to running?

justin

Post by justin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:27 pm

The batch file will search a given directory for dicom files and send them to the local gateway. The gateway does the compression and then sends to OnePacs.

Zipping does compress the images - roughly equivalent JPEG lossless.

Justin

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm

But since the image will go through the gateway, there is no reason to zip it up prior to running the script, correct?

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:45 pm

I am striking out today! I tried setting the CDDRIVE to my directory E:\Archive\152011\Jim and it says it cannot find any DICOM files. I have several sub directories all with .dcm files in them.