Edit Study Info

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
DataTrade

Edit Study Info

Post by DataTrade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Is there a way to edit study information? For example patient number, name, etc. Obvioiusly, security will be an issue here.

The biggest reason to want to do this would be when an outside study is loaded into OnePacs, it would be nice to assign that study's patient ID, the same as our internal patient ID.

jeremy

Re: Edit Study Info

Post by jeremy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Information about updating study information can be found using the following link. Some data cannot be changed and the study should be modified then deleted on OnePacs and resent.

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... fymetadata

Regards,
Jeremy

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:28 pm

In other systems, when you uploaded a study, it would prompt you to enter in additional information for allow you to edit certain things. With that being said, is there no other way to enter in a patient ID at the time of upload, rather than going into the Gateway?

tom

Post by tom » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:51 am

What is on the short-term development agenda is not editing this at the time of upload (other than using the gateway), but rather, once the study appears on the work list you will be able to right-click on it and select "edit study info". You will be able to edit whatever you like such as MRN that way.

kjacobmd

Post by kjacobmd » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 am

Jeremy,

The ability to edit entry errors is still a problem with our techs... reading the forum I thought there was to be development of an editing feature when you right click on a sent patient. This was discussed on the thread as being short tracked with regards development but was dated 2007.... Can you tell us where development is at this time? I am including the message I received from Dodge City...

"Dr. Jacob,

I have a couple of questions for you. Yesterday we did a RIGHT knee on <name>. The reason says LEFT knee pain. I tried to edit it, but the only option after that is to confirm for re-interpretation. Is that what I should do or is there another way to edit?"

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Dr. Jacob -

I edited your post to remove the patient name that was included. Please do not include patient demographics in use of this forum.

Technicians may change their patient history / notes after the report complete by changing the text and submitting for re-interpretation. The study will be marked as ready to read and the radiologist may perform an addenda if necessary.

I am unsure where the edit study feature is mentioned in a post from 2007. Regardless, that feature deals with editing information that was sent in the DICOM header and is not related to the technician entered text during the confirmation process. I am unable to give specific dates but the feature was stated to be on a short term development cycle earlier in this thread.

Regards,
Jeremy

kjacobmd

Post by kjacobmd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Jeremy,
I do not understand...In the quoted example provided if the tech attempts changes such as Right to Left in reason for exam the option the tech gets is "submit for reinterpretation".... does that mean the reading radiologist must then make the change? That would require separate communication from the tech to the reading doc to explain what needs to be changed... very cumbersome. If I am misunderstanding please reply with more extensive answers....

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 pm

The technician would update their patient notes / history in the confirmation window and click the submit for re-interpretation button. That action will update the incorrect confirmation text and mark the study as being ready to read again. The reading radiologist could then see the study needs to be read again and could add an addenda to the existing report or if necessary could replace the report with a new report.

glamdav

Post by glamdav » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 am

Regarding the move patient feature. We have used this to bring all of a patients exams into one record with matching MRN etc... However, the problem still remains that the prior exams do not open automatically in the workstation as comparisons. Furthermore, in the study history folder, the exams do have have check boxes to allow selection for using the view tab for manual dispay on the workstation. I believe that mostly defeats the purpose of the move patient idea. Perhaps that can be addressed in future release. Thank you very much,

telerad

glamdav

Post by glamdav » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 am

Correction: Sorry, meant to say that the exams in the study history folder DO NOT have check boxes to select for viewing.

thank you.