OnePacs server unavailable.

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
DataTrade

OnePacs server unavailable.

Post by DataTrade » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm

I am getting the message the OnePacs server is unavailable pretty often. When this happens of course, we can't do anything. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It will just appear for several seconds and then go away. I do not beleive that there is an internal network issue because this happens in multiple locations. What can I do to make this more reliable?

admin
Site Admin

Re: OnePacs server unavailable.

Post by admin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:42 pm

The server is always up... this must relate to connectivity issues somewhere between you and the server. When you say "multiple locations", what types of locations are you referring to? How long do you receive this message for?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Actually are you using Internet Explorer? I checked with our IT people and am told there is an issue with recent versions of IE that cause this type of issue.

Firefox is the recommended browser for using OnePacs. This issue won't occur with firefox. In general Firefox is always the best choice, it's the browser we develop primarily for and test primarily against.

Many people also use Chrome, and we've had a lot of positive feedback about the experience of using OnePacs with Chrome. IE can have some minor glitches from time to time as Microsoft doesnt pay much attention to standards compliance, not to mention the fact that it's also unpredictable and they keep changing the way they do things with each new release.

Having said that, IE is also supported. If you prefer IE you can stick with it, we have prepared a fix for this issue regarding IE which will be deployed in a day or two.

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:08 am

I think I need to stick with IE. How will I know when this fix was applied?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:12 am

We'll post a note here (and you won't notice that issue occur any more). Probably today, maybe tomorrow.

DataTrade

Post by DataTrade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Fantastic!

justin

Post by justin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:05 am

OnePacs was updated, the intermittent issue you describe above should be fixed.

Thanks,

Justin

tom

Post by tom » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:43 am

Did this fix your issue?