IP address of OnePacs servers

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
pkaramoskos

IP address of OnePacs servers

Post by pkaramoskos » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:20 am

Hi
I have a colleague who is trying to send me cases remotely from his modality (Siemens CT/SPECT), however, he informs me that the modality requires the IP address of the OnePacs servers (the URL of webquery.onepacs.com is insufficient apparently). Also, is the port he should allocate 8443? Does he need to know an AE title to allocate?

Cheers, Peter

tom

Re: IP address of OnePacs servers

Post by tom » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 am

Peter-

The way the system works is, first you set up the OnePacs gateway software. This should be set up on a PC on the same local network as the modalities. Or if you wish you could also set it up on a public server with a public IP address. The gateway is configured with an AE title that identifies it to the central OnePacs web servers, and the IP address you would give the individual wishing to send a study would be the IP address of the gateway.

It sounds like the person in question is at a remote site. In order to send to OnePacs then, they would either need to configure a gateway PC on their local network, or if you were to mediate then you would need to set up a transmission PC with an address they could connect to (a public IP address anywhere on the internet, or a local IP address on their local network).

The image transmission goes as follows :

Modality -----> Transmission PC -----> OnePacs

The transmission PC compresses and encrypts the study for transmission to OnePacs. An AE title was made for your group and sent in the email welcoming you to OnePacs, you could use that AE title when configuring the PC, or generate a new one. The IP address that your colleague wants would be the IP address of the gateway PC. This component of the system is set up and configured locally by OnePacs users.

More details are listed here:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php?id=installguide

Let me know if this clarifies things or if you need any further advice.

Cheers-

Tom

pkaramoskos

Post by pkaramoskos » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:35 am

Thanks Tom, I will let you know how I go but it sounds straight-forward!

Just a point of clarification though given that the modality I am referring to is remote. The wiki indicates that only the paid version enables studies to be downloaded from the OnePacs servers. Is this really the case since in the wiki it also states "Allows basic use of the OnePacs DICOM poller, installed on local workstations, to download studies directly from the local Gateway PC (or directly from the OnePacs server, if the user has the Poller Downloads privilege)"? Am I to assume the Poller Download privilege is only available in the paid version?

Cheers

Peter

tom

Post by tom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:41 am

Downloads can take place both from the OnePacs central servers, as well as directly from the Gateway computer. If the gateway computer's network is accessible to the workstation, then it's faster to download directly from the gateway PC.

For example, instead of:

Modality -> Gateway -> Onepacs -> PC running workstation

The study can go this route:

Modality -> Gateway -> PC running workstation.

This would be a lot faster as presumably the Gateway <-> PC network is local and fast, and the connection to OnePacs, uploading and downloading, would be slower.

In theory, the free version would not allow OnePacs webserver -> PC downloads and only allow the Gateway->PC direct downloads, because the outgoing OnePacs web -> PC connection involves bandwidth and costs money, but actually for the foreseeable future we're leaving it enabled, and allowing all accounts to download directly from the OnePacs web server. Most likely this will be left on permanently, at least for accounts currently active.

pkaramoskos

Post by pkaramoskos » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Thanks, Tom. As usual your replies are impressively prompt, accurate, easy to follow and very helpful.

Cheers

Peter