Incoming documents from email

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
Akhil

Incoming documents from email

Post by Akhil » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:39 am

I have successfully added an email address to the "Incoming documents configuration" tab and have made my facility folder active. I have not added any rules to the folder though. Should i expect to see mail attachments of the configured mail in the document panel of the mail screen, may be under the folder "unassigned". Or is there any more configuration that I need to make this happen?

john (from OnePacs)

Re: Incoming documents from email

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:28 am

Yes, it is necessary to set a rule by which incoming documents are matched.

If you just want all incoming documents to go into the folder for one particular facility, you can just set a rule of "true" for the facility. Click "Edit" on the folder for that facility, and type the word "true" (without quotes) into the rule text box. Make sure the "active" checkbox is checked.

See this screen shot for an example of this:
sample.png
sample.png (33.99 KiB) Viewed 8223 times
You can make more complex rules if you wish, to sort documents among multiple faciltiies, such as by subject line. If you wanted the incoming documents folder for a particular facility to include only documents attached to emails that contain the number 1234 in the subject line, you could make the following rule:

subject like '%1234%'

The documentation pages show more examples of rules, see the following:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... management

However, if your goal is just to get all incoming documents to go into the facility's incoming documents folder, just type "true" into the rule box.

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:40 am

I have set the rule for the folder to true like you have displayed in the screenshot but the folders(facility folder and the unassigned folder) in the document panel still does not feature any document. I have tested my email settings (gmail) and it succesfully connects with the imap server.
I dont know how to sort this problem out, its one of the important functionalities for my requirement.
I am still in the process of configuring my account. I dont mind if you log in to my account and sort out the problem or let me know a way to sort this issue...

justin

Post by justin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 am

Only PDF and JPG attachments are currently supported. Also, the email needs to be in the "unread" state to be processed by OnePacs. We recommend creating a dedicated email account for OnePacs incoming documents. You can determine if the email was successfully processed by logging into your email account. OnePacs will create a OnePacs/processed folder for messages successfully processed and a OnePacs/error folder for messages that did not process properly (ie. Unsupported attachment file type).

Justin

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 am

I mailed a sample jpg to the enabled email to test the document import. My gmail account shows a label "Onepacs/processed" against the mail but the image (34kb only) does not still feature in the Document panel. Its been about 15 mins now. I want to make sure that the document import is stable before I actually take it live.
Have i missed any setting may be? I am sure its not a connection problem from my end as the document transfer happens from gmail server to yours.

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am

Akhil,

I checked in your account as you specified, it looks like the attachments are in .docx format. They would have to be in .pdf or .jpg format to show up in the incoming documents folder. Also as Justin mentions, they need to be 'unread' at the time the mail is checked to be collected into the incoming documents folder.

John

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:55 am

Also one of my previous mails had a word file as an attachment and it still had "Onepacs/processed" label. You had mentioned in the previous post that unsupported attachments are classified into "Onepacs/error" label. What does that mean?

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 am

Akhil,

Just read your most recent post. Can you try emailing a .pdf file and see if that works?

John

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 am

The previous mails as i have mentioned in my last post were docx but the recent one that I tried was a jpg and I did not read the mail. The "onepacs/processed' label is present on the mail but the jpg has not been picked up in the documents section in onepacs. What do you suggest i do?

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:11 pm

I sent a pdf file to the enabled mail again. It shows in the document folder alright. But i need atleast the jpg files to be imported. When can i expect it to work?