Uploading files using onepacs gateway

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
Akhil

Uploading files using onepacs gateway

Post by Akhil » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:53 am

I have installed onepacs workstation and onepacs gateway on my PC. Following the instructions provided in the documentation I have configured my onepacs gateway and onepacs workstation. I tried sending a study from onepacs workstation to onepacs gateway and the study has been sent. I can see the study on the onepacs gateway after loggig in using the default admin username and password. However I cannot see the study in the onepacs worklist. Its been half an hour since my study is featuring on my onepacs gateway and yet there is no study featuring in the worklist.

Is my onepacs gateway not able to transfer studies to the onepacs web server?

I have set the AE title that i received for the facility during installation of onepacs gateway. However on the edit server tab for onepacs gateway in onepacs workstation the AE title is set to "ONEPACS". Do i need to change it to the AE title provided to me for the facility?

Akhil

Re: Uploading files using onepacs gateway

Post by Akhil » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 am

The IP address field in the facility settings is empty. Do i need to put some IP address into the facility setting to enable it to connect to my onepacs gateway?

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:29 am

You do not need to enter anything in the "IP address" field in the facility configuration page on OnePacs. This field only needs to be populated if you will set up your workstations to directly download studies from the sending gateway, rather than the OnePacs servers. This can be faster than downloading directly from OnePacs and save on bandwidth. This feature is described here:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php?id=directdl

If you check the AE management tab on the gateway, the field which is described as "This OnePacs Gateway Instance" should have the AE title that you were provided in your account info. If you enter the following URL into a web browser on the gateway, it will show you the configured AE titles:

http://localhost:8080/onepacsgateway/ae.m

Can you check that to make sure that the AE title described as "This OnePacs Gateway Instance" exactly matches what was listed in your welcome email? If it does not, we will advise on how to change it. (It involves more than simply editing the AE title on this page).

There is a separate AE title entry named "ONEPACS" which refers to our servers.

If the AE title is set properly, please obtain a copy of the gateway debug logs, as described here:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... cs_gateway

and use the secure online OnePacs messaging system to send a copy to the account named "admin". We will review the logs to try to determine what the issue is.

The messaging system is described here:

http://wiki.onepacsforums.com/doku.php? ... gingsystem

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 am

I have sent the error logs through the messaging service in onepacs. Request you to please help me resolve the issue.

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 am

The logs indicate that your domain name server is not resolving the address of the server to store studies to properly.

I would suggest first trying general computer/internet connectivity troubleshooting measures.

Can you turn off all your equipment (computer, routers, etc). and leave them off for a few minutes and then turn everything back on?

After doing that you can also open a command prompt window on the gateway computer and type the following:

ipconfig /flushdns

I would try again at that point and see if it works. Let us know if it doesnt. If it still doesnt work please submit updated logs. But in summary it looks like the problem is that your gateway machine is asking the domain name server to resolve the domain name of the server studies are being stored to into an IP address and the domain name server is not succeeding in doing this, i.e., a local internet connectivity/access issue.

Thanks

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:18 am

Can you please let me know the ip address of your web server. Need to check the connectivity from my end.

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am

It looks like there is a problem with your gateway resolving the host name. This could be due to network security issues on your end, a problem with your ISP, or something else like that. You could try to resolve this by checking to see if you have a problem with your hosts file, or network security, and so on.

Alternatively, I'll send you some instructions to hard-code an IP address into the transmission gateway rather than use domain names. As the IP addresses may change and in general this would not be our preferred/recommended solution, I won't post the solution in the forum. But if you want a quick solution that should work at least for now, you can try this. Look for a message from admin on the onepacs system.

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:18 am

BTW I am presuming that you did in fact do what I suggested above (turning everything off, leaving it off for a few minutes, flushing DNS cache, etc.) If you didnt, please try this first. Thanks.

Akhil

Post by Akhil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 am

The suggestion in the message with changing the host name with IP seems to have worked. Is there a window where I can go and check whether any upload activity is going on from my onepacs gateway to the central onepacs server.
Is it possible to configure an alert if the onepacs gateway is unable to reach the central server. This is extremely important as it may get too late before one realises that the studies are not being uploaded.

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 am

Akhil,

I would suggest first of all talking to a network administrator or security person if you have one, about checking to see why the DNS is failing or refusing the resolve our domain names. This would be the best long range solution. The direct IP solution is just a stopgap measure suggested until you get have your local DNS issues fixed, so I suggest doing that as soon as possible.

If you check on your worklist and make sure to check for studies in "Receiving" status, it will show all the activity in terms of uploading.

There is not currently a way to have the gateway automatically report failure to connect. However it will continue to attempt to upload studies to the servers at regular intervals over the course of a week, if you have a temporary internet outage everything should be OK as soon as it's resolved.