Comparisons/displaying priors

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
mindi2210

Comparisons/displaying priors

Post by mindi2210 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:20 pm

I am sure this is a simple solution but I can not seem to figure out how to show priors on the same screen for comparison. I have tried building a hanging protocol, but that didn't work and when I went to the next case it did not save the hanging protocol anyway. What am I missing?? :? :?

justin

Re: Comparisons/displaying priors

Post by justin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi,

Prior exams are available in the Thumbnails panel (4th icon from the top/left). You can drag and drop series from prior exams into any image box.

Additionally, prior studies will appear in the right-click context menu. That will show you all the available series with thumbnail previews. You can select a series to populate that image box.

Finally, if you're using hanging protocols and want to configure it to display prior exams automatically, you can define study selection criteria (Layout -> Image Boxes -> Study selection criteria) using the PriorStudyNumber tag. This is an ordered list of prior exams ordered most recent first. So for example, if you want to show the prior in image box [0,1] you would create study selection criteria for that image box using criteria of PriorStudyNumber equals 1. Make sure you press the save button above for the changes to be persistent.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Justin

mindi2210

Post by mindi2210 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Thank you so much for your response.

I attached a picture of the toolbar we are using (Java Viewer) and I do not have that option. Also when I right click nothing happens. Thoughts?
Attachments
OnePAcs Toolbar.PNG
OnePAcs Toolbar.PNG (52.84 KiB) Viewed 6928 times

mindi2210

Post by mindi2210 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Figured it out.....on the desktop viewer you can do it.

justin

Post by justin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Oh, I didn't realize you were referring to the Java web viewer. You can view multiple studies at once using the Java viewer by selecting multiple studies on the worklist and then selecting "Java web viewer" from the "View" menu at the bottom of the worklist (see attached). Unfortunately, hanging protocols are not persisted in the Java web viewer.

Thanks,

Justin
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 1.13.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 1.13.17 PM.png (77.34 KiB) Viewed 6928 times

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Also, you can switch between studies loaded by the java viewer by clicking on the "Patient/Studies" button (top second from left menu button on Java viewer) and then double clicking on the study you would like to load into the java viewer (after having loaded multiple as Justin described). You can also load series/images from multiple studies for a single patient into a single layout if you select the "patient root" button under the "tree view type" under the "Patient studies" screen and then double click on the patient name. You can then drag the series into your layout.

Regards,
Jeremy