OnePACS Desktop 5.2.3 error message: "Error opening installa

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
akanppjr

OnePACS Desktop 5.2.3 error message: "Error opening installa

Post by akanppjr » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:50 am

OnePACS Desktop 5.2.3 error message: "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable."

I've tried re-downloading it, clearing out the /temp folder, ending explorer.exe and re-starting, and installing it on a different hard drive. Get the same error message. Any suggestions?

justin

Re: OnePACS Desktop 5.2.3 error message: "Error opening inst

Post by justin » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Could you try right-clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as administrator"? You might also want to try disabling your anti-virus during the installation and then excluding the C:\onepacs directory afterwards.

Thanks,

Justin

akanppjr

Post by akanppjr » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Yes I tried running it as administrator, and also disabled antivirus. Still the same error message "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable."

damien

Post by damien » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:41 pm

I have found that there may be certain situations when the installer cannot write the log file and fails. If running the installer as Administrator does not work you can try manually creating the directory structure that it is expecting. This directory structure may be deleted upon successful installation. The default path that the installer expects is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

-- Damien