GATEWAY INSTALL FAILURE

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
QFRASIER

GATEWAY INSTALL FAILURE

Post by QFRASIER » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:45 am

In attempting to install the Gateway software on a Windows7 Professional unit, I receive the error "The PostgreSQL database appears not to have initialized correctly. This installation will not continue. It may be necessary to uninstall PostgreSQL and then rerun this installer as a local administrator (not domain user) that is a member of the "Administrators" group."

I'm installing as the root administrator, not on a domain. There is NO antivirus software installed, and I've "Run as Administrator." The PostgreSQL will not UNinstall, because there is nothing there to uninstall, I suppose because it never installed properly.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

jeremy

Re: GATEWAY INSTALL FAILURE

Post by jeremy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 am

Hi -

I would try to reboot and install again. I would also double check that the admin user is in the administrators group.

I would suggest looking in the windows event logs (Probably under Windows Logs -> Applications) the for additional information on why PostgreSQL may not have been installed.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7

There may also be a PostgreSQL installation log in the %TEMP% (Start -> run type %TEMP% and hit enter) directory which may contain information. The file should be called bitrock_installer.log or bitrock_installer_xxx.log if the installation was unsuccessful. (install-postgresql.log if it was successful)

Here is a link to known installation problems with PostgreSQL on Windows
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running ... ion_errors