Sending report in PDF by e-mail

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
caze.frazao

Sending report in PDF by e-mail

Post by caze.frazao » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:51 am

Hello,

I'm facing some difficult to set my Report Destinations once only to option of "Type" appears to me: Email report link; and HL7.
However, I need to set them as Email Report as Attachment type, as described in the guide: https://onepacshelp.com/display/T5/Repo ... utionrules

How can I activate this option to appear in my account?

Best regards.

justin

Re: Sending report in PDF by e-mail

Post by justin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:40 am

Hi,

In order to send reports as PDF attachments you would need to have a paid account and request that an administrator of your account grant you the "Report transmission by email" permission.

Please also note that sending reports via email attachment is usually not appropriate, because it can expose PHI to one or more 3rd party email vendors. While OnePacs would attempt to transmit the email using TLS encryption we cannot guarantee that the recipient supports TLS or that they store the message encrypted at rest (or where the email gets forwarded, downloaded, etc. thereafter). We only recommend using this method of report transmission when interfacing with a third party software and only when proper precautions are taken to ensure the security of the data (i.e. encryption, policies and procedures, BAA, etc).

Thanks,

Justin

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:20 am

This option is also acceptable of course if the reports being transmitted do not contain PHI (such as may be the case in research use), or if you are certain that the measures being taken to protect information within the report are sufficient according to the laws/regulations/guidelines of your jurisdiction. In the United States, HIPAA applies which has fairly strict requirements. To prevent people from accidentally transmitting PHI in an insecure fashion, we require that paid account users request this feature to be turned on, so we can have a discussion about the use case and make sure it's appropriate. There are times when the use of this feature is appropriate and can be implemented securely, mainly involving transmission of fully formatted reports between OnePacs and another EMR, if a secure interface is set up between OnePacs and that EMR destination.

caze.frazao

Post by caze.frazao » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi John and Justin,

Thanks for your reply.
What do you mean by PHI? Would it be Patient's History Information? If so, we don't have this kind of issue, once we are a veterinary company working in Brazil. We don't have any law or regulation like those described by you here in Brazil for veterinary.
Besides, we do not include patient history on our reports.

How and/or who should I request this feature to be turned on?

Thanks again.

justin

Post by justin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:35 pm

In that case, you shouldn't have to worry. PHI is "Protected Health Information" as defined by HIPAA in the US but the definitions vary in other countries and may not apply to veterinary data.

Please contact sales@onepacs.com for information on enabling additional features.

Regards,

Justin

caze.frazao

Post by caze.frazao » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Perfect Justin,

Thanks for your help.