Study Retriever for Mac - Viewer Type (XML)

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
paulokuriki

Study Retriever for Mac - Viewer Type (XML)

Post by paulokuriki » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:56 am

Hi

I have two questions:

1) What is the difference between those two options?
- Local Osirix Viewer
- Osirix XML-RPC Integration

2) When a study was never downloaded and I click the View Study icon, it starts download and calls Osirix window as soon as the first serie is downloaded. The problem is it continues calling Osirix window when every single serie download is finished. This behavior may become a problem because when you are typing in a window it takes the focus to Osirix window many times, making very difficult to continue a full text typing. I have already disabled the "Automatically close all 2D viewer before displaying studies with XML-RPC orders" and let only the "Auto-close study" from Study Retriver enabled, but this behavior continues the same.
As Osirix automatically loads new series and images received, wouldn't it work if Osirix was called just once, instead of every series downloaded?

Thanks
Paulo

damien

Re: Study Retriever for Mac - Viewer Type (XML)

Post by damien » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:32 am

Hi Paulo,

In answer to your questions...

1) Local Osirix Viewer means that you are using the OsiriX viewer locally installed on the same computer as the Study Retriever. The OsiriX XML-RPC integration refers to a model where the Study Retriever is on a different machine from OsiriX and it should use the OsiriX XML-RPX protocol to communicate with the viewer over the network.

2) De-selecting the "automatically close al 2D viewers..." option in Osirix should help with this issue, although it may not result in optimal behavior. I am happy to say however that this behavior has already been addressed in the product code, and the next version should behave much smoother in the situation you describe.

-- Damien