switching gateway

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
shadowdoc86

switching gateway

Post by shadowdoc86 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 pm

What do you recommend for switching a gateway computer? We have updated our overall system and want to use a different computer and IP address as our gateway. We installed the gateway on the new computer and I have a new IP address. Do I need to delete the gateway from the first computer? Or, do we need to enroll as a different entity? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

justin

Re: switching gateway

Post by justin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi Steve,

If you plan to replace your OnePacs Gateway computer you can simply install the gateway on the new computer using the same AE title. You don't necessarily have to remove the original gateway but can do so through Add/Remove Programs. If the IP address of the gateway has changed you'll need to update the destinations in your PACS or modality(ies). Finally, if you have configured your gateway to download from the local gateway you'll need to update the IP address for the facility. To do so log into the OnePacs web application, go to Admin->Facilities, select your facility, change the local IP address, and save.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Justin

shadowdoc86

Re: switching gateway

Post by shadowdoc86 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Thanks Justin. We switched it and removed it from the first computer and all worked well.