Study Retreiver Disappeared

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
mindi2210

Study Retreiver Disappeared

Post by mindi2210 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Recent the Study Retriever disappeared from my desktop. I tired reinstalling etc to no avail. I was able to use another computer that had the retriever on it but now it no longer has the retriever.....it literally just disappears. I have attached the error I am getting when I re-download and try and start the retriever. Any ideas.
Attachments
Study Retreiver error.PNG
Study Retreiver error.PNG (54.85 KiB) Viewed 12173 times

damien

Re: Study Retreiver Disappeared

Post by damien » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 pm

It sounds like you have an anti-virus program that is either deleting, or placing under quarantine, the Study Retriever executable. Within your anti-virus configuration I recommend entering an exception for the c:\onepacs folder, excluding it from being scanned. After doing that, re-install the application.

jacintor

Post by jacintor » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:18 pm

The same thing happened to one of our radiologists. We had to reinstall the study retriever. Now it is working perfectly.

damien

Post by damien » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Yes, but if it is the anti-virus that's deleting the executable, the AV software should be at least temporarily disabled during the installation. The c:\onepacs folder should also be excluded from scans too though - as that will avoid any further conflicts (such as scanning database or image files while they are in use) with the AV software.