suboptimal images

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
j.garcia

suboptimal images

Post by j.garcia » Mon May 09, 2016 10:11 am

Hello , we have recently switched to One Pacs and are viewing our transferred images with poor quality. I have had my IT guy look into the transfer process and he cannot improve on quality . He has made sure the images are not sent compressed. any suggestions ?

john (from OnePacs)

Re: suboptimal images

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 am

When you say the images are of suboptimal quality, which viewer are you using to look at the images? The JPEG-based viewer is not a diagnostic viewer and is commonly the first viewer people try since it does not require any installations unlike the other two primary viewers.

If you were using the JPEG based viewer, it would be expected that the images would not be at full quality. You would need to look at the images with the desktop viewer, or Java applet-based viewer, or a third party diagnostic quality viewer of your choice, to view the images in full resolution.

Kindly clarify what viewer you are using and we can proceed from there. Also could you clarify what kind of images you are viewing? (Modality, etc.)

If necessary we could proceed to having you send us specific case information via a private encrypted HIPAA-compliant channel and we could review the image(s) in question. (Of course specific case information can not be posted in these forums for privacy reasons.)

John

j.garcia

Re: suboptimal images

Post by j.garcia » Mon May 09, 2016 11:38 am

I have used both of the of the downloaded viewers and they are the same quality . I have a Fuji CR system