Filtering Study Types by Facility

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
mriley

Filtering Study Types by Facility

Post by mriley » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 am

Is there a way to filter the study types (report templates) that show in the confirmation window by facility?

We are a facility in California that requires CT Dose reporting to be included in reports, but our teleradiology group is in Nevada and apparently don't have the same requirements. They did a work-around by adding facility-specific templates with our facility's initials leading the study type name, but now we have way too many study types to search through, and the WRONG ones are still there, so when a busy CT tech goes to confirm a study from the ER in the middle of the night, it's too easy for them to choose the wrong one (with no dose report).

I've asked the IT people at our teleradiology group if they can make this change, but they said it would be an enhancement request for OnePacs. I just want to check that - and if there is any way to do it, or at least highlight the correct study types to make them stand out more, it will make it easier for our techs to not have to play "Where's Waldo" when trying to confirm a CT.

In the OnePacs administrator's manual, I found some information on filtering report templates by facility (here: https://onepacshelp.com/display/T5/Repo ... ttemplates), and that seems like it should work, since we should never get reports that don't have the dose report included, and the study types in the confirmation window are what chooses the report template. Would this be correct, or is there a different way? Thank you!

john (from OnePacs)

Re: Filtering Study Types by Facility

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 pm

When you mention "report templates" I believe you are referring to what are called "Standard report texts" in the OnePacs system. For each study type, a standard report text can be defined that will pre-populate the report window when it is opened.

(Report Templates are something else that control the layout/format of reports. This can also be configured per facility in the "Facility Template Configuration" tab which appears after selecting "Report Templates" from the Admin menu. However it seems you are actually referring to Standard Report Texts here.)

It sounds like there are special study types that have been defined for your facility that include Standard Report Texts that require population of dose information.

To ensure that only these study types show up for studies for your facilities, the teleradiology group can select the Study Types/Fees tab that shows when selecting "Study Fees" from the Admin menu, and there is an option to show or hide each study type from the selected facility. This defaults to showing all study types. What they will need to do is select your facilities in this tab, and disallow all study types except those which include dose information. They will probably also want to disallow the special study types that require dose info from facilities that do not need that.

Here is a screenshot.
show hide fees.jpg
show hide fees.jpg (38.64 KiB) Viewed 9641 times
Here is also some documentation on this topic:
https://onepacshelp.com/display/T5/Billing+Functions

Hope this helps.

John

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Hello -

Report templates are different from study types. Report templates determine how a report looks. Think of them as a letter head. Study types categorize a study. A study type can assist a radiologist to setup the body of their report, but this is also different than a report template (One helping to setup the body of the report, the other configuring how the whole report is displayed). Study types also do not select a report template.

An administrator can configure study types to either be hidden by default or to show / hide them per facility. When editing a study type, there is a checkbox to "Hide this study type to facilities by default". Under the Study Fees menu option an administrator can also select a facility and configure the study types to either show or hide for that facility.

Regards

mriley

Post by mriley » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Thank you John and Jeremy - yes, I was referring to standard report texts - thank you for helping with terminology. Since we have a different PACS system, I'm only just learning OnePacs from the outside, and my information/vocabulary is spotty. That is great news that there is a way for them to filter which study types are shown/hidden by facility! I will pass this information on to their IT folks.