Correct a radiologist report.

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
keithg

Correct a radiologist report.

Post by keithg » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:44 am

How is the best way to notify a particular radiologist if I see an obvious mistake in a read-out?? I've tried "study notes" but I never see an addendum if they even see it at all. Any hints?

john (from OnePacs)

Re: Correct a radiologist report.

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 am

You mention you are adding study notes to the case, if the radiologist has already finished reading the case and it doesnt require any further workflow processing on their end, it seems likely they may never see the note.

OnePacs offers a number of ways users can alert the radiologist to something/communicate with the rad about a case. In the end it is really a workflow issue to be discussed directly with the radiology group.

So I dont know what's best in your case but here are some ideas:

-Send the radiologist a case link to the case with your comments on the case.

-Send a message to the radiologist through OnePacs messaging.

-Flag the case with comments as you mention - but bear in mind they may not see the case on their worklist again if it has already been read out. You may need for example to return the case to "ready to read" status to get it back on an active worklist. Again this is something to sort out together with the group you are working with.

-Arrange to create a shared folder for cases requiring further review. Users could then put relevant cases into the folder, and rads could review them.

Again all of the above are just possible ideas... the right way to do it would be something to discuss with the group and figure out together.

keithg

Post by keithg » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:58 am

I did happen to notice a phone number at the bottom of an online report. Does this go to an answering service or actually to the radiologist reading it out?

john (from OnePacs)

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 am

For information such as how the report information is structured, you would need to inquire with your radiology group. The reports can be configured in whatever manner they choose, there is no specific format in the system for phone numbers or other contact information to go in any particular place.

Just to clarify what we can answer here, this is a general support forum regarding the OnePacs system. We can answer generic questions about how to use the software, but we dont have any information related to any specific radiology group or other group of users. We have general discussions here that do not include information that could identify any particular facility, group, or patient.

Regards