Dicomize Excel

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
jacintor

Dicomize Excel

Post by jacintor » Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi,

We have a client that will send us electronic and conventional xrays. The electronic part is fine and will be sent via gateway. They conventional films are a problem. Since we would like to capture the whole volume via Onepacs for payment purposes our idea is to have the client send us a list of patients in Excel or CSV so we can dicomize that list somehow and upload it to Onepacs instead of opening new registries manually for each patient.

Do you know any solution or programs that would allow us to dicomize a list so we can upload it to onepacs?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

john (from OnePacs)

Re: Dicomize Excel

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 am

Rodrigo,

If I understand correctly you are asking if there is a program that will create DICOM objects (sample images or null/placeholder instances/images) from a list of data including the patient identifiers. IE, feed in an excel spreadsheet consisting of: Patient name, MRN, dob, study date, and receive as output a directory full of sample DICOM instances for each of those cases that could be uploaded to OnePacs to create a record in OnePacs for each of those patient/study combinations.

I am not familiar with any software that could do that. It seems like the kind of thing a developer could implement a solution for manually if you have someone who could do that, for example using software such as xml2dcm

https://dcm4che.atlassian.net/wiki/display/d2/xml2dcm

To clarify, the conventional films are being sent in actual physical conventional format? If they were being digitized this of course would solve that problem also.

John

jacintor

Post by jacintor » Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 am

Hi John,

Exactly. I will interpret the physical X-rays, they will not be digitalized.

I will try the software you just mentioned.

Thank you,

Rodrigo

jacintor

Post by jacintor » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:04 am

Hi All,

Just to document that xml2dcm worked!

Thanks,

Rodrigo