Query and Retrieve from Study Retriver

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
paulokuriki

Query and Retrieve from Study Retriver

Post by paulokuriki » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:36 am

Hi
Is it possible to query and retrieve a study from Study Retriever, instead of letting it push exams to a dicom node?
I'm trying to use Radiant Viewer but it doesn't receive exams sent to it. But it supports Q&R.
I tried to retrieve some exams from Study Retriever accessing it via localhost and AE Title ONEPACSPOLLER, but I don't know the port.
Would it work? For how long the studies keep stored at Study Retriever?
Thanks
Paulo

john (from OnePacs)

Re: Query and Retrieve from Study Retriver

Post by john (from OnePacs) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:07 am

The study retriever is specialized software designed just for one purpose, and does not operate as a general purpose DICOM node. It is able to retriever studies from OnePacs and store them to destinations, but it can not be queried directly.

The study retriever only stores studies for a limited time for the purpose of storing them to DICOM destinations; the length of time is configurable in preferences, but defaults to 4 hours.

If you wanted a DICOM node that could be queried, you could install both the study retreiver and a copy of OnePacs Workstation on the computer in question, and have the studies stored to OPW. OnePacs workstation can be queried directly. The Gateway software would also work in this respect.

John