Two gateways with the same AE Title.

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
dkrichilski

Two gateways with the same AE Title.

Post by dkrichilski » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello,

A facility asked me if they can have the same AE Title in two different computers with different modalities connected to each one; That means computer A with IP 1 have the US system and computer B with IP 2 the CT.
I have explain them that is a waste of hardware and that the same AE Title with two IPs will produce a system crash. I have told them that they must have an AE title for each computer.

Am I right or we can have two computer different IP and same AE title. ( The Tx model is "Standard - Receives images based on Gateway calling AE title")

respectfully

David Krichilski

damien

Re: Tow gateways with the same AE Title.

Post by damien » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:46 pm

I think it would be preferable to have one gateway which both the US and CT send to. This is less hardware and software to purchase and maintain, and is less confusing, especially if more devices are added in the future.

That being said, while it is a DICOM guideline that an AE title *should* be unique within a network, I can't think of a way 2 different computers with the same AET would cause a crash.

dkrichilski

Re: Two gateways with the same AE Title.

Post by dkrichilski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:20 am

Hello Damien,

Thanks for your support.

Respectfully

David Krichilski