Unable to send to OnePacs (Free Version)

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.

The "Announcements" forum will continue to be active and contain announcements related to the OnePacs system.
chazjkaz

Unable to send to OnePacs (Free Version)

Post by chazjkaz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:17 am

Hello,

I have the PC set up as: 192.168.2.115 / AE as ONEPACS port 4104 and the "Facility" is set up to what was given to me in an email also Port 4104. (Same IP Address. Are you asking for a WAN address under Facilities?)

Under Options it asks for the AE Server information. Again, that is listed with the AE from the email sent to me. But the port is 8443.
Under Servers: It states OnePacs but when trying to send to it fails. I am able to send to the PC's OnePacs Gateway software from my PACS but unable to send to the OnePacs server.

Usually, you have an AE /Port# on both sides and that is it. What is confusing is that you have 3 listings now that want the information. (Server itself, Under Options in the application, and then under Servers in the Application.)

Does the Host file need to be configured in Windows?

Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your time.

justin

Re: Unable to send to OnePacs (Free Version)

Post by justin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:15 am

Hi Chaz,

I think we spoke on the phone about this but I'll repeat the answer for the benefit of others on the forum.

The OnePacs Gateway is a separate install from the OnePacs Workstation. The OnePacs Workstation does indeed have a DICOM server embedded but it is only used by the study downloader to store to. You should not have to change the properties of the DICOM server in the workstation from OPW/44104.

In the "Facilities" section of the OnePacs admin UI the IP address of the facility refers to the local IP address of the gateway server. This is a performance optimization that allows the study downloader to download studies directly from the gateway over the LAN rather than from the OnePacs central server over the WAN. It is not necessary to successfully send studies to OnePacs.

You should not need to modify the host file. OnePacs Gateway uses TLS to communicate to webcstore.onepacs.com and should work from anywhere you have internet connectivity.

Thanks,

Justin