Release Notes - OnePacs Workstation version 6.0
- Windows 10 is officially supported. Support for Windows Vista, Server 2003, and 32-bit operating systems has been removed. Version 18.104.22.168 will remain available for download for legacy systems.
- The JPEG2000 decompression codec was upgraded, yielding significant workstation performance improvements. Accordingly, the options to preload images into memory, or to decompress images (other than large cine loops) on disk, were removed as they no longer increase performance compared to baseline.
- Study Retriever download speed/efficiency was significantly improved. Many users will see download speeds increase by a factor of 2 or more.
- As a result of performance enhancements, the Study Retriever may now use up to approximately 1 gigabyte of RAM, rather than the previous 512 mb. Users are encouraged to install as much RAM as possible on their workstations to ensure optimal performance of all running applications, including the Study Retriever, OnePacs Workstation, and other software such as voice recognition. A minimum of 8 gigabytes of total system RAM is recommended.
- A new “Magnified Measure” tool allows for fast and precise measurements of size in two dimensions, as well as Hounsfield units for CT studies, with a single mouse click.
- The documentation has been updated
- Many other performance and usability improvements
- Additionally, all enhancements from version 6.0 of the OnePacs Study Retriever have been incorporated into this release.