Video Tutorial for new users?

Historical record of a forum that was for discussion of the setup, configuration, and use of OnePacs Workstation for macOS for research and educational purposes (non-clinical use).

Please direct any support inquiries through the standard OnePacs ticketing and support system.
mquraish

Video Tutorial for new users?

Post by mquraish » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Do you have, or can you recommend a video tutorial on OPW for Mac use? I have a few technically challenged radiologists that need a primer on getting started using it. I cannot find anything current online related to Osirix or Horos (in english) that I can share with them. Thank you in advance!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Tutorial for new users?

Post by admin » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:40 am

Thanks for the note. There do seem to be a lot of videos on youtube, if you search for "horos osirix". Is there any topic in particular you would like more info on?

OPW for macOS and Horos are derived originally from the last available open source version of Osirix, so the three have similarities and many videos about common features for those two products may be also applicable to OPW for macOS X. We also have been providing our source code changes to Horos for consideration for implementation in their releases as well. (OnePacs has no affiliation with Horos or Osirix/Pixmeo).

There is also a OnePacs system integration plug-in that we distribute along with OPW for macOS that provides specific features and functionality in OPW for macOS X that wouldn't be available in the other products, such as a variety of integrations with OnePacs's online services as well as custom fast decompression libraries and some custom tools.

So, for information on integration of the viewer with the OnePacs system or custom features available only through the OnePacs customizations plugin unique to OPW for macOS X, I would refer you to our online documentation. As far as the basic organization of the viewer and the most common features are concerned, indeed videos for Osirix or Horos may be quite useful as well.

mquraish

Post by mquraish » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Thanks for the response. The videos online are either years old referring to old versions, or are very specific to teach how to accomplish one task. I am searching for a primer that introduces radiologists how to use the software in a live environment (basic settings, preferences, hanging protocols, key features, etc.). If you happen to produce or come across something, I'd be very interested. Either way, I will continue the search. Thanks!

deiland

Post by deiland » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Good day
I'm a radiologist with an imaging center that has recently acquired OnePacs.
I need personalized instruction to effectively utilize the system.

I would like to contract directly with an individual knowledgeable about OnePacs.

Instruction has to be on Saturday or Sunday

Please feel free to pass this along to anybody who can help

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:01 pm

Thanks! Great to hear your imaging center is using OnePacs. Along with their contract for services, they would have a support mechanism in place. Could you go through them and have them check with support? That would be how to arrange in person support.

Also please take a look at our YouTube channel which has numerous educational videos.

https://www.youtube.com/onepacs

Thanks again!

deiland

Post by deiland » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:21 am

Thanks. I'm reaching out to the OnePacs community for personal training. It would be on Sat. or Sun. as soon as possible. I can pay the individual directly for their services. If training can be arranged thru OnePacs that would be fine, but anyone who can help i.e. .current users, individuals associated with current users, former employees, anyone who can remote in to my workstation and walk me thru the basic functions would be helpful. I would greatly appreciate a referral to anyone who might be interested.